Monday, April 22, 2013

BADI BHABHI - Episode IV - THE BELLY BUTTON DANCE




*BB called. And for the life of me I can't figure out her greeting,"Tumhara belly button theek hai?" 
Translation : ( Is your belly button okay?)

I mean this was before "hello, how are you."
Scratching my head. Then the rest of the conversation was a bit disjointed too but somewhat saner. I'm wondering if she's on something, or ought to be on something.
January 26 at 4:44pm ·  · Like · 
  •  

  • Aloka Ray likes this.


Sonali Gurpur Aloka, I wish you could meet her. She can be very intimidating if you were raised with the strong belief "Elders are ALWAYS right", because she peppers her speech with a lot of shlokas, aphorisms and quotes from the Bible and Quoran. Once you get past that she is a lot of fun to be around, just waiting to see what she might say or do next. She is an entire Vaudeville act all by herself, the poor old lady.
January 27 at 6:01am · Like


Aloka Ray Wish I could....seems quite interesting :)
January 27 at 6:45am · Like



Sonali Gurpur Let's see what she does or says next. 
I'm wondering if there are more people like her or if she is a very unique specimen.
January 27 at 7:03am · Like

 *BB today

by Sonali Gurpur on Saturday, January 29, 2011 at 6:05pm
Uh-oh, BB called, rattled after spending half the day at the ER. She woke up with a terrifying earache and thought she might die, her neighbor who took her to the ER thought it was an ear infection. The Dr told her she had packed gunk and a woolly mass in there so they put some pink syrup in them and washed them out with warm water and she is feeling good as new. To be on the safe side they handed her a prescription in case she developed a fever. She is quite upset with the Dr however, "Bees saal ka bhi nahin hai, apni Amma to kaan saaf karne sikhaa raha hai. Kaun aak ji taareek mein bob pin se kaan ka mael nikalta hai. Q tip ka zamana hai. Bhookha marega doctari nahin chodega toh."

TRANSLATION: (He isn't even twenty, and he wants to teach his grandmother how to suck eggs. He will die a pauper if he doesn't quit medicine.)


*BB
BB is feeling better, the QTip episode well behind her. She went furniture shopping all day in the drizzle and has her heart set on a "ball and claw" table. I don't know where this is headed but it seems like a step in the right direction.

Like ·  · Share · Delete
*How long are you obliged to offer someone a shoulder to cry on? 

Badi Bhabhi (BB) needs to get a life. In the middle of my chores the phone rang and I saw her number but picked it up despite all my apprehensions only because she is newly bereaved.
Bam! She did it again. No hi, no hello, her greeting was,"Thumara belly button theek hai???" {Translation :  Is your belly button okay?}Only this time I did not respond. I remained silent giving her time to reflect on her own words. 

After 5 seconds or so she says, "Theek hai jaane do. Pata hai meri didi ( older sister ) ka phone tha. Mere bachchon ne usko phone kiya tha yeh poochne ke liye lehenga satin mein ya taffeta mein zyada sundar lagta hai. Mere betiyan mujhko phone nahin karti hain. Us saali ko phone karti reheti hain. Kamaaoo hai na. Meri tarah housewife nahin hai. Kaash main bhi doctor hoti apni betiyon jaise toh meri kadr karte mere bachche. Sab power ka aur paison ka khel hai. Jab tak ye zinda they bachche roz phone kiya karte the. Ab nahin. Unko apni Amma se kuch nahin milega toh phone kyon karenge?""{Translation : Never mind  about your belly button. My older sister just called from India. My daughters call her all the time asking her for advice on trivial matters like what to wear. They call that bitch but they don't call me. I don't earn but she does so she gets their respect. I wish I was a doctor too then they would love me too. Tell you what, life is all about money. As long as my husband was alive my daughters called home every day. Now he's dead and they call no more. They know I can give them nothing."}
Her other phone rang and she excused herself to answer it since it was from her didi ( older sister )" again. I'm not sure what her problem was but on an international call she yelled her lungs out at her didi,"Don't encourage my children to call you by talking sweetly to them. Why do you have to be friends with my children when you have children and grandchildren of your own? Don't talk to my kids." With that she hung up on her didi and asked me yet again, "Tumhara belly button theek hai? {Is your belly button okay?}" I had to hang up.
Like ·  · Share · Delete



*BB ka bb problem solved

by Sonali Gurpur on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 at 10:06am
BB aaj Badi Bhabhi se Bheegee Billi hui hai. Unka naya roop bada pyara hai. Belly button ka raaz khul gaya. { BB went from Badi Bhabhi to 'wet cat' today. The secret of the belly button was revealed today.} She spent the better part of Valentine's Day at the Dr's office, the same young Dr's office who removed the "woolly mass" from her ear. This time he asked her if she used Q Tips for belly button hygiene. She hated him for asking her that I'm sure. She had to be seen for a severely painful bb (belly button) from leftover cotton fibers getting soaked each day and was told to stick to wash cloths. This time she was not arrogant. She has finally understood her limitations. Now I can stop getting annoyed by her greeting,"Tumhara bb theek hai? {Is your belly button okay?}
Like ·  · Share · Delete
  •  
    •  
    •  
Anamitra Roy Barbeq to blackberry problem solved ?
February 15 at 10:40am · Like
  •  
Sonali Gurpur Does that mean I was getting BBQ'd? I was. I didn't know how to deal with older people who are stupid/mean/vulgar because I was raised to respect all elders. Only now I am beginning to understand how stupid people can be despite their age.
February 15 at 10:44am · Like

No comments: